Thursday, February 27, 2014

Purpose of This Blog

Recently, I became aware of a State Constitutional Amendment, SCA5, that has been working its way through the California legislature.  However, when I began doing research on SCA5 on the internet, I was troubled by some of the inaccurate information being circulated by opponents of SCA5 and among members of the Chinese American community.  I also had a hard time finding anyone who was responding to these claims.  So, I've decided to at least attempt to shed some light on these issues.  

Admittedly, I am not an expert in this field.  I am a lawyer, but I practice criminal law, not constitutional law, and I have NO experience working in the legislature.  Aside from any legal opinions I may form, I'm going to rely primarily on sources that are readily accessible via the internet and I will do my best to source that information so you can review it for yourself.

My objective is to try to foster an informed discussion of the issues surrounding SCA5.  

No comments:

Post a Comment